The inaugural recipient was Valerie for getting strain number 100 - a wonderfully random achievement!
Current holder of the Top Achievement Award:
Michelle: Strain M for Michelle
Awarded for adding the 1000th C. elegans strain to our lab collection.
11. Michelle: Strain M for Michelle - adding the 1000th strain to the lab collection.
10. Simran: What the HEK! - culturing mammalian cells (HEK293T's) for the first time in the Neumann lab.
9. Tarika: CRISPR Queen - successfully getting a vital CRISPR mutant.
8. Ming: Drug Tester - completing a pilot drug screen to identify effective therapeutics for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
7. Ming: Magnificent Muscles - taking a truly beautiful image of the C. elegans body wall muscles (now on our CMT research page - see here).
6. Michelle: Confirmed! - successfully completing her 12 month requirements as a PhD candidate.
5. Tarika: Money Bags - being awarded three seperate scholarships on a single day.
4. Michelle: WGS Success - successful sequencing and mapping various mutants isolated from genetic screening.
3. Grace: First lab thesis - the first thesis completed in the Neumann Lab.
2. Joe: CRISPR King - successfully getting a CRISPR mutant for the first time in the lab.
1. Valerie: Strain 100 - generating strain #100 in the Neumann Lab.