The role of the committee is:
1. To connect the Academy to science and scientists in Australia;
2. To link the Academy to Australian scientific societies in order to work together to promote the development of the discipline;
3. To link Australian science in the disciplines to world science, in particular through the membership of appropriate international organisations;
4. To ensure that Australia has a voice and a role in the global development of the disciplines;
5. To provide strategic science policy advice, to the Academy, as input to Academy science policy statements, and (with the approval of the Executive Committee of the Academy) to the Australian Government and Australian organisations.
Brent is very honoured to receive the nomination, and his appointment will extend until 30 June 2018.